InLoox PM 7 saves storage space and avoids duplicate records simultaneously. As the software works with file and object links, documents are not saved in Microsoft Outlook and Exchange Server.
The InLoox PM document storage and management technology is based on intelligent links within Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Windows and Microsoft SharePoint Server. The advantages of this method are:
- Virtually no additional storage space required, keeping InLoox PM projects lean.
- File rights are inherited. If for example you add a file from a protected network folder or SharePoint store to the InLoox PM storage, the file can still only be read and updated by authorized users - at no additional cost.
- Backup and existing version and document management applications can still be used.
Open an existing project or create a new one.
For more information on how to create a project see Create a project.
In the project, on the Start tab, in the Section group, click Documents.a
Choose first the document folder path in the new project to store the new documents. For more information see Create and change the document folder path.
On the Edit page, in the Edit, click New.
Or click Edit to edit the document.
In the New Document / Edit Document do the following:
- General information to the document on the Standard tab
- In the Type area select File or Internet link.
On the Document area, in the Path box enter a path or internet link.
By choosing File click and choose a document you want from the Open dialog box.
The document will then be displayed in the Document list on the Documents page.
Select the Copy to project folder check box. In the drop-down list choose a subfolder, in which you want to copy the document.
For more information on how to create a subfolder, see Create a subfolder.
- In the Additional information area, in the Status field enter instructions, e.g. complete or awaiting release.
In the Notes field enter comments and remarks to the document.
InLoox PM provides you with the range of the formatting features. For the detailed description see Create and change comments in the Customize comments section.
- Links to other project items on the Links tab
- Create links:
- Click Add.
- Choose between Planning, Time Tracking or Mind Map items from the Assign Document/Object Link box.
Click Add and then OK.
InLoox PM displays a document as a paper clip on the page you have chosen. You can also open the document on this page.
- You can open the chosen page. Select one from the list on the Links tab in the Documents area and click Open.
- If you want to delete the item from the list in the Documents area, click Remove.
- Further information to the document on the Custom tab
Click in the previously created custom box and enter a new value for it.
For more information on how to add a new custom field in InLoox PM, see Create custom fields.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Add the document via Drag and Drop.
- You can also add the documents from Outlook to the InLoox PM planning via this function. For more information see Add Outlook elements to InLoox PM.