A budget document template of frequently recurring budget items helps you speed up your budget management efforts. You can add, change and delete budgeting templates in the InLoox PM settings.
Note In order to manage the templates, InLoox PM administrator permissions are required.
- Go to the File tab in the Outlook Ribbon and select InLoox PM Options.
Open the Budgets section, go to Templates and click on Budget templates. Existing budget templates will be shown in the window opening to the right. If no budget template has been defined, the Budget Templates area to the right will be empty:
You have the following options:
- Create a new budget document template:
- Click the New button on the right. A dialog box will open.
- In the dialog box, select the budget type in the drop-down menu.
- Check the Visible for all users control box to make the budget template available to all the project team members.
- Enter a template name in the Name field.
- Adding budget items to a template: Click on New. A dialog box will open with various setting options. Click OK to save the settings.
- Editing budget items: Select the budget item you want to change and click on Edit. A dialog box will open. Select OK to save the settings.
- Deleting budget items: Select the budget item you want to remove from the template and click on Delete.
- Change the order of budget items: Select the budget item you want to move within the template and click on Up or Down to change the item's position within the template. Click OK to save the settings.
Tip For more detailed information on the features in the budget template dialog box go to Create and edit a budget position.
- Edit an existing budget document template:
- Select the template from the list you want to edit and click on Edit.
- A dialog box will open with editing options (see above for available options).
- Click on OK to save the changes you made.
- Remove an existing budget document template:
- Select the template you want to remove from the list and click on Delete.
Click OK or Apply to save the changes you made to the InLoox PM budget templates.
- Select simple, short and unique names for the templates to avoid confusion with other templates.
- The description in the Name field can include wildcard characters, e.g. ...size is x units...