In the InLoox PM Options, you can define groups that are available in every InLoox PM projects on the project pages Work Packages, Planning, Time Tracking, Budgets and Budget Overview. The groups help you to structure the data in a more meaningful way and allow an ongoing automatic comparison between work packages, time tracking entries, planning elements and budget positions. They can also also carry a currency code.
Please note the possible effects when changing settings. These are described in this chapter.
In this program section, you are also able to define purchase and selling prices. These are used on the Budget page, for example to prepare time tracking entries recorded on the Time Tracking page for billing.
To manage groups, do the following:
Open the InLoox PM Options.
For more information on how to open the InLoox PM options, see Open the InLoox PM options.
Under General options click Groups. On the right side you will see the Groups area.
- Do one of the following:
- Create a new group by clicking New.
- In the New Group dialog box, in the Name field type a group name.
- In the Purchase price and Disposition price fields, enter the prices you want.
- Click OK.
- The existing groups are displayed in the Groups list according to the order in which they appear in the InLoox PM projects. Double-click the entry that you want to change or click Edit.
- Select a group you want to remove from the list and click Delete.
- You can change the groups order by clicking Up and Down. The selected group will be moved one position upwards or downwards.
- In the Currency area, in the Symbol field, type a currency symbol, which is supposed to be used for amounts of money system-wide, e.g. €, $ or CHF.
- In the Digits field, type the number of digits (fractional digits) that is supposed to be used system-wide.
- Use the filter feature to quickly reach the needed data from each column. For more information, see Search and filter in a project.
- Click OK or Apply to save the changes.
Effects of changing or deleting groups:
- Adding and renaming groups has no effect on existing projects.
When group prices are changed, the old amounts remain initially unchanged in all projects.
The amounts are updated when the relevant planning element, time tracking entry or budget position is next edited.
- The deletion of groups has a permanent effect, namely that
- the group and associated amounts are no longer displayed in the budget overview.
- to all planning elements, time tracking entries and budget positions using the deleted groups must be assigned a new group when next edited.
Effects of changing the currency symbol
- The currency is not automatically redenominated. If, for example, € is replaced by $, InLoox PM does not recalculate the amounts, but simply changes the currency symbol as if the rate of exchange were 1:1.