Use already existing templates for a new project planning. A planning template includes milestones, activities and summary activities.
For more information on how to create a planning template, see Save a planning template.
Open an existing project or create a new one.
For more information on how to create a project, see Create a project.
- In the project, on the Start tab, in the Sections group, click Planning.
- On the Planning page, on the Templates tab, in the Action group, click Import Templates.
In the Import template dialog box click Browse to load a template from your local data.
InLoox PM Web App supports the following file types as .mmp, .mpx, .inlooxplanning.
You can also select the saved templates in the InLoox PM Templates group from the gallery view.
For more information on how to create a project, see Save a planning template.
If you have chosen an already saved template, the Load Template dialog box will be displayed:
- Choose between Automatic and Manual calculationto define the working times of the related work packages.
Automatic calculation when using automatic calculation, all existing constraints will be replaced by a “Start as soon as possible” constraint. The activities and milestones are allocated in accordance with the planned start date from the planning settings (under “Direction”), independently of the project start date on the management page.
If backwards planning is being use, all existing constraints will be replaced by a “Finish as late as possible” constraint. The activities and milestones are allocated in accordance with the planning end date from the planning settings (under “Direction”), independently of the project end date on the management page.
- Manual calculation manual calculation takes the start date as the basis for the first element in the planning. All subsequent elements will reflect the structure of the template. In order to do this, all constraints in activities and milestones will be removed and replaced with a “Start On” constraint. The automatic planning functions are not used.
- Define the Start date as well as Work times for the planning elements if you have chosen the manual calculation.
- Select the Load resource data check box to load the resource information of a planning.
- Deactivate the Remove completion data check box, if you don't want to see progress information and resources in your planning.
- Click OK.
- The start date determines the date for the first (earliest) activity or milestone from the selected template. InLoox PM places the other items according to this time.
- You can load more than one template to the same planning. The multiple loading of the same template is also possible.