By assigning project team members such as project team, project partners, customers etc., you are able to distribute the workload of the project to the co-workers and to inform project members which projects they are assigned to or following up its process. Your employees will know for which parts of the business they are responsible.
By setting up a project team, you define access permissions to the project.
For more information on how to share the permissions or add a user to the list, please see Set up permissions.
Open an existing project or create a new one.
For more information on how to create a project see Create a project.
- On the Manage page, in the In Charge area do the following:
- Assign a project manager Click Manager and then in the Address Book dialog box choose an address book from the Address Book drop-down list. Select from the list one or more names for the project.
- Assign a team Click Team and select from the list one or more internal co-workers.
- Assign a customer Click Customer and select from the list one or more customer contacts for the project.
- Assign a partner Click Partner and select from the list one or more persons, whom you want to add to the project as project partners.
- Assign more team members Click More and specify any other contacts, e.g. quality control staff, heads of department or other stakeholders.
- It is possible to set permissions (read/write and delete) by assigning persons to the project, if InLoox PM Web App is accordingly configured. For more information see the category Security and privacy.
- InLoox PM Web App provides you with different address books such as the InLoox PM address book, Microsoft Outlook and Exchange Server address books. For more information on how to see the contacts from the Exchange Server, see Add a contact.
- In the In Charge area, the following possibilities are available:
- Double-click the name of the staff member to open the assigned contact. The Contact dialog box displays all contact information. You can also create here an InLoox PM account. For more information on how to create an account, see Create an InLoox PM account.
- Right click on one of the resources to open the context menu and choose Delete to remove one name. Use Up and Down to change the order of the names. Click Details to open the contact information.
- In the Address Book dialog box you can also add a new contact by clicking Contact. For more information on how to create a new contact, see Add a contact.
Send an email message
With the click on a resource you can create and send an email. You can send it also while choosing the resources. In the Address Book dialog box click the email address of the contact you want.
- In the dialog box, in the To box the name of the chosen resource is automatically displayed.
- In the Cc or Bcc box choose the staff group and click Cc or Bcc. In the Address book dialog box choose the contact and click Select, then OK.
- Click Attachments, if you want to add the saved documents from the Documents project page.
- In the Subject box, type the subject of the message.
In the Email section you can choose the existing email templates from the drop-down list by clicking Templates.
For more information on how to create or edit a template, see Customize email templates.
You can also adjust the message with the range of the formatting features in the Email section.
For the detailed description see Create and change comments in the Customize comments section.
In order to send the email message you must save and close the project.